BUHARI SAD OVER RENEWED KADUNA KILLINGS, EL-RUFAI.
Godwin Isenyo , Kaduna
The Kaduna State Governor , Mallam Nasir el-Rufai , said on Tuesday that President Muhammadu Buhari was deeply sad over the renewed attacks which claimed no fewer than 37 lives in southern part of the state .
The renewed clashes between farmers and herders in Kajuru Local Government Area in Southern Kaduna , reportedly claimed 37 lives while scores were said to have sustained varying degrees of injury .
A clash was said to have erupted last Sunday when some Fulani youths reportedly went to a village at Ugwan Uka to avenge the killing of their kinsman .
Kajuru Local Government is about 50 kilometres drive from the state capital.
The governor said the issue was part of what was discussed with the President when some APC leaders and governors including him visited Buhari on Sunday in London.
El-Rufai said, “On Sunday, I was with President Muhammadu Buhari in London where we went to visit him. The President told me that he was sad when he read in the news that there were clashes in Kajuru.
“So, the President has asked me to commiserate with you over the loss of lives and plead with you to forgive one another.”
El-Rufai assured the people that the perpetrators of the attacks, who according to him, had already been identified by the security agents, would be made to face the full wrath of the law.
“I can assure you that, those behind the killings will be brought to book. The police commissioner has told me that, they have identified the perpetrators and we will ensure they are adequately punished,” he said.
The governor visited the Kajuru community on Tuesday with the Minister of Interior, Lt. Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazzau (retd.)